Friday, March 13, 2015

A Feast Big Enough for Three Queens

Peasant Cookery
This week, I did a lot of different stuff food wise.

I visited a lot of different places that I never thought I would. I enjoyed some great drinks and some good food with some fantastic company.


Earlier in the week, I went to Peasant Cookery at 283 Bannatyne Avenue.  I had the Onion Soup and mussels in a cream and balsamic sauce. Apparently, there mussels and fries are a staple at the restaurant. 


Vanessa, Natalie and I went to Lac du Bonnet for our travel assignment this week. We spent the night out at my cabin, therefore we opted to make a meal, rather than eat out. Before going to the lake, we headed out to our local Superstore to find a few things to whip up. 

For starters, we picked out some outrageous steaks. After picking out the best T-Bone we could find, we grabbed mini potatoes for a side. We also made a chipotle salad, and asparagus wrapped in bacon. For dessert, we cheated and bought Red Velvet ice cream for dessert. 

Feast anyone?? 

I think that making a home cooked meal is worth it. Sometimes it's fun to work as a team and make a delicious meal. We definitely had to loosen a button on our high-waisted pants....but so worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment