Friday, February 20, 2015

Eating at the spa

I had a really great reading week, although I did tons of homework, as expected.

Since I’ve been working up a storm, my mom thought it would be nice to take me out for a day; she said to relax a little.

So here I am. Back from my day at the spa, and I feel gooooood!

Pretty cliché, but we went to check out Thermea spa. I’ve been to a few spas in Winnipeg, and I have to say, this one was quite unlike any other I’ve experienced!

Wow. I felt like I had stepped out of Winnipeg for a short impromptu vacation.

We arrived to the establishment, and I was pleasantly surprised about how secluded the spa felt.

It was very rustic, with deer antlers hanging amongst the hanging ceiling lamps at the top of the vaulted ceiling.

We were given robes and sandals, and directed to the fitting room.

When we were ready to go, we started off in a dry sauna, in which we sat for 15 minutes before going into an ice-cold pool called the “Polarer”.

Next, we went into a pool with medium temperature water – not too hot, but not too cold – and then into the hot tub for ten minutes.

After the hot tub, there is an aromatherapy sauna, one orange and the other eucalyptus.

The last step is the relaxation room. Tea and water are provided before lounging on heated stones with headphones that provide relaxing music.

Another room features several mats and pillows where you can lie down and take a nap or rest.

Of course, the spa has a very interesting restaurant called Restö. Guests of the spa are welcome to enter the restaurant with robes and sandals.


Obviously it follows a health theme, for example, they have an appetizer called a “restorative.”

The two restoratives include bison and barley broth, winter vegetables and caramelized carrot soup, rosemary oil, lemon.

For a lighter fare, you can enjoy a roasted seeds, cream cheese, beets, cucumber, sprouts sandwich.



My absolute favourite thing was the cheese and meat plate. You can choose 3 for $18 or 5 for $28, and options include smoked provolone, MB Trappis Monk Oka, garlic onion loaf and bison salami, to name a few.

It's a great deal to go to Thermea, Monday to Thursday the rates are $45. Weekends are only $4 more. There was different types of massages and facials as well, but they were all booked up.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you deserved to be taken out for a relaxing treat! That place sounds great. Every little event you experienced was meant to make you feel relaxed and at peace. I love the way they pamper you, as that would be something I would like to experience. The cheese and meat plate prices look really good!

    Ronni Casillas @ JNH Life Styles

    ReplyDelete