Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Online Shopping Fails

With cyber sales galore this month, I went online to do a little shopping. If you’re a student such as myself, you know how stressful it is to spend money. I can barely afford my Autopac payment, let alone a new t-shirt.

I decided to write about the horrors of online shopping, especially because I fell victim to it not too long ago. I purchased a pair of beautiful UGG boots off of a random website, and when I got them, I was devastated how awful they were. I paid $90 for a piece of crap, essentially. Thank god for PayPal! I opened a dispute, and in a few weeks, Voila! Refund.

I keep seeing all these online clothing sites that have outrageously low prices, but is it too good to be true? Below are some sites that I found that found online shopping to be pretty hysterical….

Brides Beware
This Facebook page says on their "about" section, “We are raising awareness of online companies selling cheap copied wedding gowns, prom & bridesmaids. Many will show illegally obtained images of beautiful designer gowns online, but you will be buying a cheap copy, it won’t be the real thing.”





China Daily
An online forum called China Daily, exposes sites such as Taobao, who tricks shoppers with glorified fashion photos. According to the site, after Cyber Monday (November 11), people are posting angry selfies of the clothing they received. 





So what can you do if you fall victim to this unfortunate situation? 

-Call your Credit Card company and claim a dispute.

-If you paid through PayPal, you can also claim a dispute.

-Contact the Better Business Bureau to report businesses.

-Write about it! Take to the Internet, your best source for spreading the word.


How can they get away with selling such awful clothes?

Unfortunately, many online stores are fakes, and provide stolen images from big designers.

Moral? If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Sorry friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment