Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Lost My Blog Virginity!

My first post!!! whooo hooo!

Hello all, my name is Courtney Nelson and I wanted to post a little bit about myself so you had a sense of who I am when reading my thoughts.

Instead of writing you multiple paragraphs about what colour my underwear is, I’m going to list ten facts about myself that I consider interesting and important to my character!

1.     Animals: I love ANIMALS! Dogs, cats, monkeys, rabbits, you name it! I have two dogs and a cat whom I would give my unborn child if need be…. which would just be weird.

2.     I hate Turkey: I went to Europe in 2011 and stopped in at Turkey while on a cruise. I went into a Mosque, and in order to respect the religion, I wore long sleeves. This was clearly not enough; as I walked through the doors, I had five men throwing blankets on me to cover my bare knees. Since I am a very dramatic person, I freaked out because I was scared and have never been back to Turkey since.

3.     I’ve been in a horror movie: Not literally, but close. While in Dominican Republic last year, I contracted an immune disease, which led to having surgery in the country. I woke up on the surgical table after being put under, only to find out that I was ALONE. I rolled off the table with my IV and crawled to the big metal doors that said “Salida.” I hurled myself through the doors and screamed for my friends. As they came running down the hall, they were shocked because no one told them I was being cut open and put under anaesthetic. To be continued….

4.     I’ve owned two residences in the last six years: I moved out at age 20 and bought a brand new condominium, conveniently behind a 7-11 establishment. After I consumed unimaginable amounts of hot dogs and five cent candy, I built a house and than sold it within a year because I craved the poor life of a student.

5.     I am a cougar: Not by official standards but I am very aware of the fact that I am a “mature” student, compared to others in my program. At 27 years old, I decided to quit my job at the Provincial Government and take a leap of faith in order to go back to school. So far, I am happy with my decision.

6.     I love reality TV: I could sit in front of the tube with a bag of ketchup chips and continuously watch ridiculously cheesy reality programs for days. Days’ is an understatement, I could watch for weeks! If I could quit my job and watch reality TV all day, I’d totally be okay with eating Mr. Noodle and 99 cent Kraft Dinner meals in order to survive.

7.     I love dying my hair: It makes me feel like a new woman. Every time I went through a break up in my “younger” years, I would run to Wal-Mart for a ten-dollar box of L’Oreal hair dye in order to transform my locks. It had nothing to do with insecurity, I just loved the idea of starting fresh with a new identity. Out with the old, in with the new! UPDATE: My hair has stayed blonde since I’ve been in a year and a half relationship.

8.     I have bad luck: Bring on the pity party, I feel like my bad luck has not only arrived in three’s, but four’s and five’s and so on. From klutzy accidents to unfortunate incidents, I usually get the bad news if there is any around. I also have never won a social prize. My best friend has won 20. Boo.

9.     I love to read: Romance. Romance. Romance. Sigh. I like to entertain my unrealistic thoughts with ridiculously perfect men and woman in perfect relationships. I than like to ask my boyfriend to do ridiculous things like pick me up on dates in a horse drawn carriage, carrying five bouquets of roses and hiding a litter of kittens under his tuxedo flap.


10. I’m an only child: If you see me frail my arms and kick my legs in order to get my way in the middle of class, you may understand where my actions’ stem from. Kidding. Very cliché, but my parent’s are my best friend’s and I have weekly dates with my grandparents. Family is important to me because they are all I have. During my childhood, my father had the unfortunate job of riding with me on all the rollercoasters at Disney World. I plan to have two children to avoid this duty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment